Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Meeting Organization with Evernote




Meetings, meetings, meetings. They are a necessary evil. But, you can make them more organized and productive by being organized yourself.

I use Evernote as my main work (and personal) tool. For meetings, it is indispensable. Here's how:


  1. I clip the meeting/appointment slot from Outlook into Evernote. This has the invitees/attendees, agenda, topic, time and date, etc. 
  2. I then add any additional information and relevant files, along with links to other notes in Evernote. This way, everything related to the meeting is in one place.
  3. I use a template for meeting notes (see below) and copy it into this note. I will add questions I have before the meeting and then use it for the meeting itself. 
  4. I tag the meeting note for easy searching later. 
  5. I can take notes on my smartphone, tablet, or laptop or Chromebook and access all meeting info.
This lets me have everything I need for a meeting in one place, and makes it easier to find the information later.

You can also share the note with others after the meeting.

Meeting Template

Date: 
Topic: 
Objectives: 
Attendees:

Notes: 
  •  
  •  
  •  
Questions to ask:
  •  
  •  
  •  


Action Items:

  •  
  •  
  •  





Related:

Evernote for Educators Resources

My Workflow as CIO - includes heavy use of Evernote

Another great feature of Evernote - integrated in Outlook

Keys to running Effective Meetings

Taking organizing and planning lessons from Ben Franklin - great tips for educators too




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...